Wednesday 25 November 2015

How To Use A Bald Cap.

I wasn't actually using this technique for my final look but thought it would be really useful to look into for future reference, none of the photos posted are mine but they are my class mates, I mainly put them on here so if I ever come back to it I'll have a visual reference point to look at.

Pre Impression caps you melt with acetone.
Rubber caps you blend with latex.
Watermelon you melt with alcohol.

1. Clean the models face making sure not to moisturise.
2. Wet all the hair and scrape back using gel in a criss cross shape at the back of the head.
3. When the hair is all scraped back apply the cap, using the models assistance.
4. Trim all around the cap just behind the ear and an inch or so away from the hair line.
5. Glue the edges down using prosaid or spirit gum.
6. When glueing the back down make sure the model has their head forward so the neck is stretched.
7. Melt the sides down using acetone.
8. If making them completely bald make sure you cancel out the dark tones in the hair by using a red/pink and then applying the foundation over the top.

BELOW PICTURES ARE NOT ANY OF MY WORK BUT I INCLUDED THEM FOR PERSONAL FUTURE REFERENCE IF I NEED IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment