Friday 27 November 2015

Evaluation For Hybrid

Unlike the wound character I felt my practice for this went quite well, even so I am very pleased that I put in that extra effort to make double the amount of prosthetic pieces because it made such a difference when I had practised it in comparison to my final one. There were too many bits missing or not quite right in the practice attempt for it to be called my final - I was still very happy with how it had looked but I wasn't completely satisfied. I feel the addition of the wax, although not particularly obvious, really made a huge difference, it really brought the look together. Certain aspects of my look I felt needed exaggerating because the flash really bleached them out and that was the cracks in the dry flaky effect. The piece needed highlighting and the cracks needed to be very very dark with a really tiny brush rather than just my shading around the areas. Doing this would have taken up a lot of time and even though there wasn't a time limit on the final look I felt pressured to be done for a certain time because my model had commitments else where. If this wasn't the case I would have gladly taken him back into the chair and painted on all the tiny details that would have really brought the look together and emphasised the dryness. I am still very happy with how it has come out though.



No comments:

Post a Comment