Saturday 14 November 2015

Bearded Dragon Design 2

Similarly to my first design I stuck with the same colour scheme but then started to look at a bearded dragons specific features and what truly defines them. Specifically the name... BEARDED. The reason that Bearded Dragons are give that name is because they have a lot of spiky scales under their mouth and when angered or when they are scared these scales get darker and the skin underneath them puffs out this is to show their dominance and too make themselves look bigger than they actually are which is such a common trait in any reptile and majority of animals.
http://www.kalrissanrotts.com/
Lizbeth%20dec%2010%2007.jpg
                                                     
To the left is an example of a bearded dragon doing so. In my first design I focused on mainly the head shape and the environment held a heavy influence on it as well with the cracking skin concept but this one I am looking at the texture.







Above is my face chart for this idea - as you can see the top portion of the face is very basic with only shading used and blocking out the eyebrows. Where as my prosthetics piece for this one would be all the spikes. If I was to chose this design I'd have to decide where I would be making one big piece that can fit around the neck and that has the spikes on or I'd individually make all the spikes and then the chin extension to smooth it out. In regards to the amount of silicone I have I think my best bet would be to make one big one that wraps around the neck and onto the chin, I would have to find a very big surface to work on and make sure I get all my measurements right when measuring my model otherwise all my hard work would be ruined. I would like to keep the colours the same as in my first one, even though you cant really see this in the picture, the only change would be the neck to be darker and slightly more orange as some beardies turn orange, the spikes will also be black gradient that blends into a more browny orange tone.


For the body I wanted it to be basic and carry on with the spiky scales but get less and less dense as it goes down the chest, same again with the colours. I want it to be dense and dark where the majority of scales are but as soon as they get less and less I wanted the colour to fade to the natural colour of the lizard which is going to be a tan yellow colour same as the design before.


The hair chart needs a lot of explaining as I feel it is quite difficult to understand. I basically want it to simulate the spiky scales on the neck and face but obviously I cant stick prosthetics to the hair as it will rip it out and be a pain for my model to get it out. So, I don't know how or if this is going to work and if it is going to look good or not but if I chose to do this design I will have to figure out this, but basically my models hair is going to be slicked back at the front and then I want to create small spikes with his hair, if it possible and if the length is correct. Also my model has blonde hair so I would then have to colour the tips of his hair black and then fading into his natural colour which is very similar to the colour which his skin will be.

Anyway I don't think I am going to do this design mainly because I think the silicone piece wont work as well as my other design. I also think this will look too human like rather than reptilian, where my other design I am trying to change the shape of his whole face and head which will be a drastic change to the human aspect that he obviously has.

No comments:

Post a Comment