Sunday 29 November 2015

Evaluation For Brave New World As A Whole

I have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this project and it has really opened my eyes to what aspect of hair and make up that I would like to go down. You are given just enough freedom to do what you like but also having enough restraints to have a directed approach and not go too off the rails.Not only that but both aspects to the project were really enjoyable and I rarely felt aspects of it were dire. I did however feel the human hybrid part was very rushed, there was too much time spent on the wound section and not enough time left for the hybrid which I felt would have been better if it wasn't so rushed.

Both aspects I encountered some issues, the first part of the project was my own mistake, which I then learnt from - I coloured the wound wrong, it was too theatrical rather than realistic I also applied too much make up to the face when really the look I was going for was very natural and worn out. Luckily my initial look was just a practice so I could take into consideration what went wrong and make sure it didn't happen in my final look the only criticism I had with my wound character was the lack of depth in the black eye - I feel I could have made it darker and more obvious so the camera flash wouldn't have bleached it out. Although this was very fast paced I feel more time should have been dedicated to the hybrid has it was a much larger portion of the project.

Similarly to my wound I also did a practice attempt at my hybrid, although I was very happy with how my practice had turned out, it just wasn't my exact vision and I knew at the time how I could improve it so I remade my piece and added wax to the forehead to build it up, this definitely pulled my look together and made it what it was. The wax also helped me block out the eyebrows which I thought made my practice look too human like rather than a lizard. Also my flour and water didn't crack at all on the hair so I had to change my design to suit fullers earth going in the hair as I knew that one would crack.


No comments:

Post a Comment