Saturday 24 October 2015

Placement Of Wound And The Effect

As you know I have chosen to have my wound on the neck of my model, this is not a typical place to have a bite mark but then again where is. I found it very difficult to find a place that would be some what believable to put a bite mark; not many people bite people enough to leave a mark. Never the less I chose to do it on the neck.

Even though I am not doing a cut I thought it would be interesting to look at what areas affect what and do what when cut. I don't expect my wound would be deep enough to do any of these things because that would be an impressive bite. Human bite carries a lot of infections so I am going to look at what an infection does to a wound.

In regards to getting a cut on the neck:

- If any of the Carotid arteries are cut the person will die within minutes by bleeding to death.
- If any of the Jugular veins are cut you will die within minutes as well but this time from an air embolism which is basically a gas bubble in the blood stream which blocks any blood flow.
- If any muscles were cut or damaged, you will most likely not die but suffer difficulties with you're next in the future.
- If any nerves are effects then you will have to suffer muscle deformity and lack of sensation in certain areas.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ef/78/43/
ef784318902fe64bd9e87fad62eb42e7.jpg

An infection can effect a wound in very simple but minor ways. The common ones are red and sore around the cut with puss coming out. It also can make you feel dizzy and a fast heartbeat and also give you a slight fever depending on the extent of the infection and how you're immune system sorts it out. Most infections can be sorted by just keeping the wound clean but sometimes antibiotics are used to combat it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment