Thursday 15 October 2015

Moulds

After being given my wound that I would have to create I decided to get started on moulding what I wanted them to look like with the plasteline that we were given. To start off with I actually really struggled to come up with a concept and a way of doing it but then I realised I could just use my own teeth to bite into it. I wanted to create more than 1 to keep my options open and give me more freedom when designing my character. After creating my mould my initial idea of linking it to my hybrid has gone down the drain as I have come up with a new character. I will go into more detail about this in a future blog post. For now, here are the moulds I have created:

MOULD 1 - Not too deep, around the neck area.


I decided to create a bit that would look suitable if placed on the neck - so it cant be too deep and the front teeth would be doing the most damage, I think this is the one I am going to go for because my character works better with a bite on her neck rather than any where else. It also reflects a pair of teeth being dug in rather than full on bite.

MOULD 2 - Deep, somewhere where all the teeth would be visible if bitten, the arm for example.



I then decided to look at a deep bite with majority of the teeth visible, a good placement for this would be the arm or leg as the skin is a lot softer and malleable. However I feel this isn't realistic enough for my character and I also couldn't conjurer up a story to go alongside it, but I'll see what one comes out the best when casted.

No comments:

Post a Comment